Conquer Club

Soaps Role Madness! Town Wins!

FOS: Dedicated those who can't get enough Mafia action. Ongoing Games located here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Soaps Role Madness! Day 1

Postby Extreme Ways on Sat Apr 06, 2024 3:00 am

Also the people with the highest chance of survival overnight are mafia but I dont think I should explain that.

It's important, because if someone claims a very useful role and he keeps surviving the nights, maybe he's just a scum.
TOFU, ex-REP, ex-VDLL, ex-KoRT.
General Extreme Ways

Postby Loose Canon on Sat Apr 06, 2024 5:05 am

The thing is Kong/All (and I'm not going to keep pushing for it in this game) in my second werewolf/mafia game I was town and my only power was first day my vote didn't count second day my vote counted double.

So I posted a vote on day 1 anyway.

Then there was a discussion of whether I was being naive, had I made a mistake, was I town or mafia?
To me the discussion was useful in itself because the discussion gave me a feel for the other players.

It also, I would argue benefited town because I was town and fellow town could work out I was such.

Also mafia knew I wasn't mafia anyway but the longer I stayed in the game I figure they have to try to kill me as opposed to another more powerful or better town player, because the pool of players who can be lynched is decreasing.

Therefore I think in some circumstances a town reveal or claim Day1 can benefit town.

But I think the strongest argument I have heard against my argument so far is that in a game called Soap Madness there is a risk of bastardization of roles.

I do suspect that other players are so strong and accomplished at playing these games in a certain way and so have a sort of comfort/accomplishment zone, that some of their arguments are please don't play the game outside of my accomplishment zone.

(the stuff about mass claiming was because in the said game I was arguing for that but now after considering the arguments I've backed off from that and have proposed a modified theory)
[img]http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/97/ic2u.png[/img]
Major Loose Canon

Postby pmchugh on Sat Apr 06, 2024 6:00 am

kongming3 wrote:And based on that would it make sense for me to play more selfishly or selflessly based on how important it is I feel I stay alive?

Good questions kong, there are definitely roles which are more or less valuable. Usually doctor and cop are very valuable, sometimes you get a jack of all trades that has many different powers. Or you could have something trivial that barely has any effect on the game.

Sometimes people do play differently depending on their role, for instance, if I had a very important role I might play more cautiously, draw less attention, keep my suspicions closer to my chest, in order to try avoid being night killed. Where as if I had some useless role I might try lead during the day. For this reason, sometimes you can misread someone as mafia, as they are playing more reserved, when in fact they have a strong power role.

Having said all, if you are new, it's best just to engage as strongly as you can with the game, regardless of your PR. The odds of you being night killed early are basically zero unless you claim a powerful role. Mafia will kill the people they see as threats, or never getting lynched.
2009-08-12 03:35:31 - Squirrels Hat: MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!
2009-08-12 03:44:25 - Mr. Squirrel: Do you think my hat will attack me?
Major pmchugh

Postby Loose Canon on Sat Apr 06, 2024 7:17 am

Yes PM/Kong I agree with everything PM has just said.

Also Kong whatever you are doing you are doing it well,because after initially being suss about you, I for one am now getting strongest feeling that you are Town.
So whatever you are if players THINK you are town that is good.

On other players I am getting the next strongest towny feeling about Charle.

I've got no vibes about scum at all yet.

Sorry Vot, but my third party feel about you has got slightly stronger - I think you might have made an adjustment to the way you are coming across since I first aired my feel, and I'm wondering conscious adjustment?
Major Loose Canon

Postby strike wolf on Sat Apr 06, 2024 7:52 am

Loose Canon wrote:The thing is Kong/All (and I'm not going to keep pushing for it in this game) in my second werewolf/mafia game I was town and my only power was first day my vote didn't count second day my vote counted double.

So I posted a vote on day 1 anyway.

Then there was a discussion of whether I was being naive, had I made a mistake, was I town or mafia?
To me the discussion was useful in itself because the discussion gave me a feel for the other players.

It also, I would argue benefited town because I was town and fellow town could work out I was such.

Also mafia knew I wasn't mafia anyway but the longer I stayed in the game I figure they have to try to kill me as opposed to another more powerful or better town player, because the pool of players who can be lynched is decreasing.

Therefore I think in some circumstances a town reveal or claim Day1 can benefit town.

But I think the strongest argument I have heard against my argument so far is that in a game called Soap Madness there is a risk of bastardization of roles.

I do suspect that other players are so strong and accomplished at playing these games in a certain way and so have a sort of comfort/accomplishment zone, that some of their arguments are please don't play the game outside of my accomplishment zone.

(the stuff about mass claiming was because in the said game I was arguing for that but now after considering the arguments I've backed off from that and have proposed a modified theory)

I think we remember that game differently as your behavior ended up leading to a lot of arguing me, you, son!c and Extreme all of whom ended up being town while Mafia was able to sit back and coast without being noticed.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby Loose Canon on Sat Apr 06, 2024 11:35 am

Town won that game Strike. Yes arguing but there is a place for shaking the tree. And no I'm not claiming to have played a critical role in Towns win or to have been right in my arguments. But I think a clever man said once "if you make 1000 arguments statistically you have to be right some of the time" ;)
Major Loose Canon

Postby strike wolf on Sat Apr 06, 2024 12:09 pm

Loose Canon wrote:Town won that game Strike. Yes arguing but there is a place for shaking the tree. And no I'm not claiming to have played a critical role in Towns win or to have been right in my arguments. But I think a clever man said once "if you make 1000 arguments statistically you have to be right some of the time" ;)

We won but we only started actually figuring out the actual scum after you were NKed and the big distraction was taken away. Before that we'd actually missed that Fusi was bandwagon hopping until after he got NKed by DDS because DDS was just trying to take his SK shot at a not too prominent townie.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby Loose Canon on Sat Apr 06, 2024 12:50 pm

It was also good that I was NKed because I didn't have strong town powers, and so mafia went for me and not a player with stronger powers or just a stronger better mafia player. And remember I had been arguing strongly Vs swang who was mafia it turned out so who knows perhaps that played a part in drawing the fire onto me?
Major Loose Canon

Postby pmchugh on Sat Apr 06, 2024 12:55 pm

Vote extreme ways
2009-08-12 03:35:31 - Squirrels Hat: MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!
2009-08-12 03:44:25 - Mr. Squirrel: Do you think my hat will attack me?
Major pmchugh

Postby Loose Canon on Sat Apr 06, 2024 2:16 pm

unvote Sonic
Major Loose Canon

Postby Ragian on Sat Apr 06, 2024 3:59 pm

Unvote

Was hoping for more laughs, but whatever :roll:

What happened last game that I need to be aware of? Seems like you're talking about it a lot :-s
Captain Ragian

Postby Ragian on Sat Apr 06, 2024 4:00 pm

Should probably also say that I don't like the idea of mass claiming this early. In general, I'd say the information given to scum is worse than forcing them to claim something early. Especially if they have fake claims.
Captain Ragian

Postby strike wolf on Sat Apr 06, 2024 4:15 pm

Ragian wrote:Unvote

Was hoping for more laughs, but whatever :roll:

What happened last game that I need to be aware of? Seems like you're talking about it a lot :-s

Mafia had a busdriver and a roleblocker. Vot was a 1 shot BP Bodyguard who drew enough attention to himself that both the cop and Tracker investigated him while Mafia switched him with Son!c who was the scum sending in the kill. Tracker revealed that he saw Vot visit Loose who was the kill target. Vot claimed Vanilla townie and town didn't find that believable and Lynched him. Busdriver continued to cause confusion for town the rest of the game.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby Ragian on Sat Apr 06, 2024 4:29 pm

Scum busdriver is immensely powerful. Was it countered properly? Are sore losers licking their wounds?
Captain Ragian

Postby groovysmurf on Sat Apr 06, 2024 5:34 pm

SoN!c will continue to play. Since he is banned, I can communicate his wishes as needed.

I will outsonic, SoN!c.
Colonel groovysmurf
Clan Director
Clan Director

Postby Loose Canon on Sat Apr 06, 2024 5:41 pm

Groovy
Major Loose Canon

Postby groovysmurf on Sat Apr 06, 2024 5:59 pm

"Groovy Soap Dishes will keep your natural handmade soaps drained well"
Colonel groovysmurf
Clan Director
Clan Director

Postby TrafalgarLaw01 on Sat Apr 06, 2024 6:37 pm

Vote Groovy for Sheriff while she is in here
General TrafalgarLaw01

Postby strike wolf on Sat Apr 06, 2024 10:07 pm

So partly since Dish asked me in private and partly because I do think there is some conflict here. I do not feel that Groovy should be allowed to act as a sitter. I know it's a common thing in the risk games and if a majority of town feels differently or if Dish does decide to allow it, I will not be upset. I just feel like there are a lot of nuances in mafia that are not present in Risk. It would for 1 feel a bit weird to me to try to judge Son!c later based on actions Groovy took. If Groovy wants to replace Son!c entirely, I think that might be cleaner than the idea of her sitting Son!cs role until he gets back.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby strike wolf on Sat Apr 06, 2024 10:10 pm

Ragian wrote:Scum busdriver is immensely powerful. Was it countered properly? Are sore losers licking their wounds?

I could probably have balanced the game a bit better but Town had a share of power roles and hard to disprove claims as well as a few roles that could either punish the busdriver or counter the roleblocker.. So I don't feel it was completely lopsided. Ultimately, I felt worse about not giving the SK a better chance than the balance between town and mafia.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Sun Apr 07, 2024 12:03 am

groovysmurf wrote:SoN!c will continue to play. Since he is banned, I can communicate his wishes as needed.

I will outsonic, SoN!c.

M-M-MOD KILL! MEGA KILL! ULTRA KILL!

Sorry Sonic, conflict of interest in having two players play as one. I'm sorry you were banned, you can pick up the next game after your vacation. Tit for tat btw, do not discuss this game outside with others. Big no no.

Sonic - Town Veteran (paranoid gun owner, sorry strike lol) has been obliterated by the CC dice gods! May he rest in pepperonies.

Edit - Im allowed, I'm a mod dammit. The lynch vote has been moved to 7.
Dukasaur wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:taking medical advice from this creature; a morbidly obese man who is 100% convinced he willed himself into becoming a woman.

Your obsession with mrswdk is really sad.

ConfederateSS wrote:Just because people are idiots... Doesn't make them wrong.
Corporal 1st Class DirtyDishSoap

Postby Ragian on Sun Apr 07, 2024 1:14 am

Tough to lose a townie almost from the get go, but I agree with the decision. Most likely, someone would've checked Son!c eventually, so maybe we didn't lose an investigative role. Conjecture, of course.

@strike, sounds like all games =D>
Captain Ragian

Postby Devante on Sun Apr 07, 2024 1:29 am

With so many roles, with no prior knowledge, nothing seems real. So. being town, how do I deal with all the nonsense?
Major Devante

Postby Loose Canon on Sun Apr 07, 2024 4:09 am

So the way I'm reading it (please correct me if I'm wrong) but Sonic would have each night shot another player and nobody would have been able to see that it was Sonic who had dunnit but Sonic was town.

If i'm right its a damn shame Sonic is out because he'd have had immense fun with that role.
Major Loose Canon

Postby Charle on Sun Apr 07, 2024 5:34 am

I think DDS is on Mafia's side :D
Major Charle
SoC Training Instructor
SoC Training Instructor

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Games