Conquer Club

CC is declining again!

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Re: CC is declining again!

Postby 2dimes on Wed Aug 02, 2023 10:06 am

I need to acknowledge that joke, it was quality.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby SoN!c on Wed Aug 02, 2023 3:48 pm

Nucker wrote:1) Is Wham open to an offer?
2) Unrealistic expectations also kill things off. I have often seen a thing of diminishing value fall to worthless as owners cant adjust or accept the reality of the situation.

Unless you go for the Nut that pays the inflated value. Why sell at 50.000 dollars as the site has revenued that amount time an time again already. Sell for 5.000.000 or nothing (and "nothing" is "break even with triple the profit by now"). it's called "betting".
Major SoN!c

Postby MichelSableheart on Wed Aug 02, 2023 4:33 pm

SoN!c wrote:
2) Unrealistic expectations also kill things off. I have often seen a thing of diminishing value fall to worthless as owners cant adjust or accept the reality of the situation.

Unless you go for the Nut that pays the inflated value. Why sell at 50.000 dollars as the site has revenued that amount time an time again already. Sell for 5.000.000 or nothing (and "nothing" is "break even with triple the profit by now"). it's called "betting".
With falling user numbers, revenue is falling as well. The 50.000 the site has revenued thus far will soon be a thing of the past.

Doing some back of the envelope calculations, at 4000 active users on the scoreboard, with premium at 31 dollars, and roughly 40% of active users paying premium (guessing from the scoreboard), we are currently roughly at that 50.000 dollar gross annual revenue. With the 10% falling user numbers we observe, this will be the last year 50.000 gross revenue revenue is achievable. It will be below 30.000 in 6 years.

Business valuation is an art, and I don't have expertise on the subject. Still, it seems to me that, if you have a good businessplan to stem the user bleeding, it should be possible to make a reasonable offer that covers enough expected future profit to make selling worth it for Wham. Such an offer will admittedly be higher then 50.000, but far, far lower then 5.000.000
MichelSableheart,
Een van de Veroveraars der Lage Landen
And a member of the Republic
Brigadier MichelSableheart

Postby SoN!c on Wed Aug 02, 2023 4:44 pm

MichelSableheart wrote:
SoN!c wrote:

With falling user numbers, revenue is falling as well. The 50.000 the site has revenued thus far will soon be a thing of the past.

Doing some back of the envelope calculations, at 4000 active users on the scoreboard, with premium at 31 dollars, and roughly 40% of active users paying premium (guessing from the scoreboard), we are currently roughly at that 50.000 dollar gross annual revenue. With the 10% falling user numbers we observe, this will be the last year 50.000 gross revenue revenue is achievable. It will be below 30.000 in 6 years.

Business valuation is an art, and I don't have expertise on the subject. Still, it seems to me that, if you have a good businessplan to stem the user bleeding, it should be possible to make a reasonable offer that covers enough expected future profit to make selling worth it for Wham. Such an offer will admittedly be higher then 50.000, but far, far lower then 5.000.000

Betting has nothing to do with adding the numbers.. 10000 to 1 is still a bett and MR. JUN SHUK WAH likes to bet. Wrong bet if you ask me but still a bet.

Spend 25.000 in a new website look and interface and you will get a lot more.. or not
Major SoN!c

Postby TeeGee on Wed Aug 02, 2023 11:16 pm

SoN!c wrote:Spend 25.000 in a new website look and interface and you will get a lot more.. or not

How well did that work for majcom?
Major TeeGee
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Location: Caught in the vacuum of a Black hole, drinking beers with a 3 eared yak

Postby Shannon Apple on Sat Aug 05, 2023 1:20 pm

Nucker wrote:I dont know the numbers on Hasbros risk site/app. But I do know it is way way higher than this site, in the tens of thousands more.

Yeah, the Hasbro one has a mobile app, Steam app etc. I'm guessing it's userbase is in the millions now, not thousands. Like, I added it to my Steam library to check it out when I was given a free DLC for it after it launched. Didn't like it. And I didn't play it long enough, but I think it's a bit of a money sink. Not a once off yearly payment. I noticed you had to pay for extras, like credits that run out as you play.

CC is a far superior game in terms of how fun it is, but it's appearance is outdated. Won't stop me sticking around, but it probably does turn young ones off who are visiting for the first time. Being a browser only game shouldn't have set it back this much. At the end of the day, I play games on Steam and have to use a computer to do that.
00:33:53 ‹riskllama› will her and i ever hook up, LLT???
00:34:09 ‹LiveLoveTeach› You and Shannon?
00:34:20 ‹LiveLoveTeach› Bahahahahahaha
00:34:22 ‹LiveLoveTeach› I doubt it
00:34:30 ‹LiveLoveTeach› I don't think she's into farm animals
Brigadier Shannon Apple
Chatter
Chatter

Postby TrafalgarLaw01 on Sat Aug 05, 2023 6:14 pm

The Hasbro one in steam is really bad. This site has a lot of potential just not used or exploited properly
General TrafalgarLaw01

Postby TeeGee on Wed Aug 09, 2023 2:19 am

Davie.K wrote:3,993

Winter is Over ??

Major TeeGee
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Location: Caught in the vacuum of a Black hole, drinking beers with a 3 eared yak

Postby Nucker on Wed Aug 09, 2023 12:05 pm

Being a Real Estate broker specializing in the City Centre, I have a solid foundation for the art of valuation.

If $50 000/year is correct and I think this figure is close, then;

A company that has been going at least 5 years can be given 12 months/1 year income as the price, plus any stock or in this case, Intellectual property such as coding costs etc. But these have already been amortized in the business as Wham bought it "as is" essentially from somebody else.

CC has been around longer than 5 years for sure and as such should be a more stable investment. However without an injection of capital and intellectual resource, it is declining, as this thread states.

Given this I would not value it higher than 24 months/2 years being $100 000.

Should Wham be interested in finding a buyer, I am sure I could facilitate the exchange to a willing buyer who can effect the changes desperately needed.

Before the likes of Dominating 12, Major Command or some other bright person capitalizes on the opportunity and really kills CC in the water

Thank you
Major Nucker

Postby IcePack on Wed Aug 09, 2023 1:16 pm

Nucker wrote:Being a Real Estate broker specializing in the City Centre, I have a solid foundation for the art of valuation.

If $50 000/year is correct and I think this figure is close, then;

A company that has been going at least 5 years can be given 12 months/1 year income as the price, plus any stock or in this case, Intellectual property such as coding costs etc. But these have already been amortized in the business as Wham bought it "as is" essentially from somebody else.

CC has been around longer than 5 years for sure and as such should be a more stable investment. However without an injection of capital and intellectual resource, it is declining, as this thread states.

Given this I would not value it higher than 24 months/2 years being $100 000.

Should Wham be interested in finding a buyer, I am sure I could facilitate the exchange to a willing buyer who can effect the changes desperately needed.

Before the likes of Dominating 12, Major Command or some other bright person capitalizes on the opportunity and really kills CC in the water

Thank you

No business owner is going to pay attention to a random post in a random thread. A serious buyer / person of interest would need to make contact and go through proper channels.

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Davie.K on Wed Aug 09, 2023 10:46 pm

Yes I noticed that sudden burst in numbers matey boy..is it a false dawn.?..40 or 50 swallows don't make a summer....etc,etc.....I'll keep an eye on the multis thread over the next few weeks :-$

TeeGee wrote:
Davie.K wrote:3,993

Winter is Over ??

Sergeant 1st Class Davie.K

Postby Davie.K on Wed Aug 09, 2023 10:50 pm

Now up to 4,058,I think it had dropped to 3,970ish..and in 2 days...BANG

Postby IcePack on Thu Aug 10, 2023 12:08 am

Soon people will accuse him of bussing players in from other states

Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby hopalong on Thu Aug 10, 2023 8:36 am

IcePack wrote:Soon people will accuse him of bussing players in from other states

+3 =D>
Major hopalong

Postby Nucker on Thu Aug 10, 2023 11:03 am

Icepack wrote this obvious/not so obvious comment:
"No business owner is going to pay attention to a random post in a random thread. A serious buyer / person of interest would need to make contact and go through proper channels."

Truth is any serious business owner would be checking their business, also being this thread. Not random but well over 200 pages worth of thread with a very business owner interesting title. Or are you kidding yourself Ice Pack!

However being a pro, I can say this. I don't care what you think. Nor does Wham.
My comments are aimed at the community not Wham. Communicating with Wham is very difficult. I know just from payment enquires. One would think that any monies being paid would be prioritized to respond to.

Also being a pro I can tell you that a serious buyer is only interested in a serious seller, which Wham is not.
As to proper channels, first there are none in this instance and second I doubt IcePack would have any clue as to what those are. Person of interest comes from TV shows not the marketplace so I wont speculate on that...

Finally, as you have managed to piss me off with you childish comments, my own comments where as part of the evaluation process that was speculated about in this very thread IcePack. Who seems to be oversensitive about the fact that CC is f#%@ing things up. Get over it.
Major Nucker

Postby IcePack on Thu Aug 10, 2023 12:43 pm

All I can do is sit back and laugh, like really. IDK you but you’re so far off the mark about me it’s comical.

Your comments on wham may / may not be valid, it’s certainly subjective. Your difficulty w him isn’t a universal experience. And I’m not even his biggest fan lol and things certainly can be improved and lots are f***ed up. For sure.

But I stand by what I said. No business owner is going to pay attention to some random comment. Sure he might read it but you know how many people I’ve seen / heard comment about buying the site that had zero intention to do so? You’d start ignoring those pretty quickly too. If you want to be taken seriously in that regard, then there’s certainly a way. And I don’t disagree he’s not a serious seller (from what I know) and if that pisses you off, the only thing you can do is complain or do something about it.

My guess is you’ll go the complaint route tho and a lot of it might be justified. But doesn’t change anything beyond making yourself feel better

Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Nucker on Thu Aug 10, 2023 4:01 pm

For sure Ice Pack, you are correct.

I was entertaining myself really with the valuation. I am 100% sure that Wham has no intention of selling.

The complaint as you put it is that we as paying customers are getting short shifted by Wham and that in some dream scape he could be replaced by a more customer orientated person.
My other implication is that this will almost certainly happen outside of CC at some point. It has surprised me nobody has made a really good multiplayer strategy site of this nature already. I have looked for years and not found anything suitable. All the others are really just copycats like Major Command and Dominating 12 who come from CC stock anyway.

At this point the death knell will really sound.
But for now I put up with a shocking dice algorithm (which I have come to accept, amazingly) Poor drops, terrible interfaces (like the forum etc) and bad service (although I do feel the payers themselves are a helpful bunch)
Major Nucker

Postby TeeGee on Fri Aug 11, 2023 2:29 am

And just like that its time for a 69

4069 active players in last 30 days
Major TeeGee
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Davie.K on Fri Aug 11, 2023 6:36 am

Oh =D> i do love a 69

Postby TeeGee on Thu Aug 17, 2023 10:42 pm

numbers been steady over the last 7 days, currently at 4065
Major TeeGee
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Torbjorn666 on Sat Aug 26, 2023 8:31 am

After leaving the site, I decided to give it a go again for a 3 month subscription but that was a mistake. There is no way the site can keep grown up customers with jobs who can pay for subscriptions because the place is full of manbabies. It would be very straightforward to create a "no chat" option and people who have no time for their bullshit would stay on.
Private 1st Class Torbjorn666

Postby Dukasaur on Sat Aug 26, 2023 11:20 am

Torbjorn666 wrote:After leaving the site, I decided to give it a go again for a 3 month subscription but that was a mistake. There is no way the site can keep grown up customers with jobs who can pay for subscriptions because the place is full of manbabies. It would be very straightforward to create a "no chat" option and people who have no time for their bullshit would stay on.

Are you talking about in-game chat or Global?

If it's Global that annoys you, you can turn it off completely.

If it's in-game chat, you can't turn it off completely, but you can make it very, very small so it's almost un-noticeable.
“‎Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.”
― Voltaire
Sergeant 1st Class Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby Kingm on Sat Aug 26, 2023 11:38 am

Torbjorn666 wrote:After leaving the site, I decided to give it a go again for a 3 month subscription but that was a mistake. There is no way the site can keep grown up customers with jobs who can pay for subscriptions because the place is full of manbabies. It would be very straightforward to create a "no chat" option and people who have no time for their bullshit would stay on.

I came back about a month ago, after I had an almost10 year long break, I also decided to start with a 3 month sub. But I have not regretted it at all, already just as hooked as I was back in the day. Just a bit sad that the site does not have as many players as before, I remember there was atleast a couple new community hosted tournaments a day, now it seems we are lucky if there is a new one a week. Found autotournaments, so I joined a couple of them, but they look just as dead, none of them have started since I joined about a week ago.
But I am having suck a good time, so I know I will buy a 12 month sub as soon as the 3 months run out.
Highscore : 4349 Date : 17.6.12

Highscore after comeback : 3619 Date : 07.11.23

Colonel Kingm

Postby jusplay4fun on Sat Aug 26, 2023 7:57 pm

Kingm wrote:

I came back about a month ago, after I had an almost10 year long break, I also decided to start with a 3 month sub. But I have not regretted it at all, already just as hooked as I was back in the day. Just a bit sad that the site does not have as many players as before, I remember there was atleast a couple new community hosted tournaments a day, now it seems we are lucky if there is a new one a week. Found autotournaments, so I joined a couple of them, but they look just as dead, none of them have started since I joined about a week ago.
But I am having suck a good time, so I know I will buy a 12 month sub as soon as the 3 months run out.

interesting contrast between Kingm (Major) and Torbjorn666 (Rank:Private 1st Class Private 1st Class).

Could rank and game success have a bearing here? LoL.... have Fun to both. :D =D>
JP4Fun

Lieutenant jusplay4fun

PreviousNext

Return to Conquer Club Discussion