Conquer Club

Galapamaica! [Winner: uckuki]

Tournaments completed in 2012.

Moderator: Tournament Directors

Re: Galapamaica! [39/48]

Postby WorldCup4James on Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:34 pm

kazher wrote:I would like to play

You've been added to the list of players.

That makes 40! :)
Sergeant 1st Class WorldCup4James

Re: Galapamaica! [40/48]

Postby puppydog85 on Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:54 am

in plz
Sergeant 1st Class puppydog85

Re: Galapamaica! [41/48]

Postby william tennant on Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:55 pm

in please!
Captain william tennant

Re: Galapamaica! [42/48]

Postby Ace Freely on Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:58 pm

In please.
Captain Ace Freely

Re: Galapamaica! [43/48]

Postby kerrgreenfield on Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:10 pm

in please
Sergeant kerrgreenfield

Re: Galapamaica! [44/48]

Postby richman688 on Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:36 pm

in please
Corporal richman688

Re: Galapamaica! [45/48]

Postby WorldCup4James on Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:43 pm

All in through here; just 3 spots left!

Postby brett2000 on Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:49 am

In Please
Cook brett2000

Postby dreddingius on Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:08 am

im in
Cadet dreddingius

Postby nesterdude on Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:31 am

Sure I'm in
High: 08 Dec. 08; Pts: 3141 Ranking: 57 Rank: Brig
Lordhaha is my hero too.
Cook nesterdude

Postby WorldCup4James on Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:45 am

Tournament Full! Any players posting beyond this post will become reserves.

Re: Galapamaica! [47/48]

Postby M.K.C88-90 on Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:25 pm

in please
Cook M.K.C88-90

Re: Galapamaica! [47/48]

Postby WorldCup4James on Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:28 pm

M.K.C88-90 wrote:in please

I accidentally wrote william tennant's name twice in the List of Players. As a result, I have accepted one more player in.

Here's our official groups for the tournament!

Games should hopefully be out late tonight or tomorrow. Thanks for your patience :)

Re: Galapamaica! [FULL]

Postby WorldCup4James on Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:14 pm

All games in Round 1 of Round-Robin underway.

Each of you should now be in 10 games: 5 on Treasures of Galapagos and 5 on Jamaica.

If for some reason you haven't received any or all your invites, please let me know and I'll fix the problem. Though I'm certain the method was foolproof :roll:

Good luck to you all!

The Tournament Standings Board and the List of Players and their Scores (click here)

List of All Tournament Games (click here)
Last edited by WorldCup4James on Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby musicalmaven on Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:56 am

this is to inform you that i actually won a game, # 10861272, against mjw10.
Major musicalmaven

Postby WorldCup4James on Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:45 pm

Friday the 13th ( 8-[ 8-[ ) Update

The standings board has been updated.

If you have a line crossed through your name on one side of the board, this means you are eliminated from that group.
However, if your name is not crossed out on the other side, then you are still alive in the tournament; you just only have 1 chance, not 2 chances, to advance into the Playoffs.

I am now creating tie-breaker games for those players who have asterisks on the scoreboard. This means that you have the same number of wins as other players, and we need to determine which one of you will be eliminated (since only 1 player is eliminated per group this round).

The Tournament Standings Board and the List of Players and their Scores (click here)

List of All Tournament Game(click here)

Re: Galapamaica! [Updated 4/19]

Postby WorldCup4James on Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:50 pm

April 19 Update

List of All Tournament Games (click here)

I have begun Round 2 play, for those groups in which tie-breaker games are complete.

You should have received 4 invites per side (so if you are still alive on both Galapagos and Jamaica, then you should have received 8 invites). I should have all invites out within the hour.

These groups still have tie-breakers ongoing, and so have not yet received Round 2 invites:

Galapagos
Group D
Group F

Jamaica
Group A
Group B

Once tie-breakers finish, I'll immediately send those invites.

Scores from last round DO carry over; for example, if you won 2 games in Round 1, you begin Round 2 with 2 wins, and any wins in Round 2 are added to that total. So if you got off to a good lead in Round 1, you'll still have that advantage.

Good luck in Round 2! 4 games apiece, one against each opponent in the group.

Re: Galapamaica! [Updated 4/21]

Postby Conchobar on Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:56 am

Ace Freely hasn't joined any games, can you please confirm the status of these games?
Colonel Conchobar

Re: Galapamaica! [Updated 4/21]

Postby WorldCup4James on Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:48 am

Conchobar wrote:Ace Freely hasn't joined any games, can you please confirm the status of these games?

I have sent second invites for his games (each player will receive at least 3 invites to join games, at my discretion). Thank you for bringing this to my attention. :)

Re: Galapamaica! [Updated 5/19]

Postby WorldCup4James on Sat May 19, 2012 11:58 pm

May 20 Update

The standings board has been updated.

Round 2 has seen some truly dominant performances as well as some narrow margins that could easily change the dimensions of the standings in Round 3.

Namely, Serreski and studster9143 have marched on with 8 wins and just one loss on Treasures, while william tennant, even more impressively, ravages his opponents; he's gone undefeated (9 wins, 0 losses) on Jamaica.

In numerous groups, there's numerous ties that make Round 3 just about the decisive round, particularly Jamaica Group A.

Like after Round 1, there's a few tie-breaker matches that need to be played to determine which player is eliminated from the group; I'll be beginning Round 3 for those groups without tie-breakers over the weekend.

For now, check the standings board, and as long as your name isn't scratched out on both sides of the board, then you're still in ;)

Thanks for staying committed to the tournament,
James

List of All Tournament Game (click here)
Last edited by WorldCup4James on Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Galapamaica! [Updated 6/16]

Postby WorldCup4James on Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:56 am

June 16 Update

Standings have been updated.

Beginning the few tie-breaker matches that are needed to determine who advances; after that we'll have a full update!

show: Updated Standings

List of All Tournament Game (click here)
FOUR openings in A Chance to Write History: WWIII. All premium players accepted; help me fill these vacancies! :)

Re: Galapamaica! [Updated 6/25]

Postby WorldCup4James on Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:58 pm

Greetings again fellow Galapamaicans ( ;) ), your host speaking here!

It is my privilege to announce that, in a very timely manner, we have completely completed ( :P ) the group stage, the "round-robin" of tournament play.

Thus, we are on to the Galapamaican playoffs! Only 2 from each group of 6 have made it this far, so consider yourself successful already if you've made it to either one of the sides! =D>

At the bottom of this messsage, you can find a link to all details on the Galapamaican Playoffs, but before that, I'd like to get some feature time to some of our most awe-inspiring performances of not only Round 3, but also all of the round-robin:

Mr. Undefeated: william tennant =D>

• william tennant was indeed the only player to have proven himself unbeatable, winning all 12 group games in Group B of the Jamaica side! He comes into the Round of 16 as top favorite as a result, breezing by in group play with a 5-game lead! =D> =D> ;)

Double the Opportunity

• solar and uckuki are the only 2 competitors to have emerged into the Playoffs on both sides of the bracket. Their consistency was key; they both picked up 7 of 12 wins, giving them just enough edge to now be able to compete on both sets of islands! =D>

Incidentally, both players had to win all 3 of 3 Round 3 games; both players succeeded in doing so. Maybe they're twins? :?

Gala for the Galapagos Man

• Leading the charge into battle on the Galapagos side is Serreski, who had the top performance of all Galapagos divisions. He collected 11 wins at ease, 2 more than any other player on the Galapagos side.

These were the best performances I took note of, but there certainly were more!

But now on to the real meat of the tournament. Time for some clutch performances. Everyone is equal again; you ALL have to win your series of 3 games to move on to the Quarterfinals! Past performances are now put aside...(woot, no more hype! :lol: )

This link below will now be the only link you have to worry about: click it to see details on randomization, matchups, etc!

I, WorldCup4James, do solemnly swear that all randomization were random in their most random entirety.

The Galapamaican Playoffs, Standings Board, and List of Players and their Scores (click here)
FOUR openings in A Chance to Write History: WWIII. All premium players accepted; help me fill these vacancies! :)

Quarterfinals Begin!

Postby WorldCup4James on Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:09 pm

Onwards we march to the next round of the Playoffs: the Quarterfinals!

You've made it through one round, smooth sailing so far, but don't let your early success cause your guard to let down. Still two stages to fight through, quite gruesomely, until you reach the Championship!

8 players remain alive on the Galapagos side, and 8 are alive on the Jamaica side. Again, we'll divide randomly, into 4 pairs of 2 players each. You'll play in a series of 3 games; the player to win at least 2 pushes through to the Semis, while the loser is kicked off the island to drown miserably. :twisted:

Here are the matchups for the Quarterfinals, I am making the games beginning now.

Best of luck, and best of skill as well!

The Galapamaican Playoffs, Standings Board, and List of Players and their Scores (click here)

Re: Galapamaica! [Map Semifinals]

Postby WorldCup4James on Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:58 pm

We're down to our final eight competitors as the Semifinals commence!

Four players on each side trek off to war to earn dominance on their map and claim victory in the ultimate championship. We shall see who is not yet weary after two rounds. It will be another three rounds until you can call yourself champion!

Do you have the skill, as well as the occasional lucky drop and cubes, to move on to the Map Final?

We'll divide randomly into 2 pairs of 2 players each, on each map. You'll play in a series of 3 games; the player to win at least 2 pushes through to the Map Final, while the loser is devoured by starving wildlife. :twisted:

Here are the matchups for the Semifinals!

Good luck!

Re: Galapamaica! [Map Final]

Postby WorldCup4James on Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:48 pm

With the map semi's under our belt, it's time to find the master of each map, the player from each bracket to move into the Galapamaican Championship!

uckuki and M V 3 face off on Treasures of Galapagos, while Marshallbobby and danervinsucks battle it out on Jamaica.

Next round after this is the Championship!

Here are the matchups for the Map Finals!

PreviousNext

Return to Completed 2012