Conquer Club

Rightwing News Outlets Being Sued!

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Rightwing News Outlets Being Sued!

Postby Pack Rat on Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:50 am

Looks like Hunter Biden is going to be a rich man.

https://ny1.com/nyc/all-boroughs/politi ... n-fox-news

Fake News Outlets are facing lawsuits and big paydays for those harmed. You have to wonder why it took a so long, as these Fake News Outlets were destroying people's lives. We have several MAGA posters here who thrived on these outlets, who vomited these lies in this forum.
Sergeant 1st Class Pack Rat

Re: Rightwing News Outlets Being Sued!

Postby saxitoxin on Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:08 pm

(a) Hunter already is a rich man

(b) This is an election stunt to give a confidence boost to people like you that will wind out for a few months and then get quietly dropped (just like how Greg Abbott was going to BE PROSECUTED AND GO TO PRISON!!! for sending migrants to Martha's Vineyard a year ago ... and then you and your friends moved on and forgot about it when the next shiny bauble was flashed in front of your eyes)

Since SCOTUS established the Twombly/Iqbal pleading standards in 2011 it's virtually impossible for a public figure to bring a defamation lawsuit. They now have to present plausible evidence -- obtained prior to discovery -- that the defendant knew with absolute certainty the statement was false and aired it anyway. As the article itself notes, the statements that were aired occurred prior to Smirnov being "discredited" and when he was still being touted by the FBI itself as a credible source. So, yeah, good luck Hunter!

In any case, Hunter is being simultaneously prosecuted even as I type this on federal felony gunrunning and tax charges in both California and Delaware. It'll be hard to continue to pursue a frivolous civil suit from behind bars.
Corporal saxitoxin

Postby Pack Rat on Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:36 pm

Hunter was not public, until he was used by the GQP HIT SQUADS

Hunter was accused by the mouth piece of the GQP Fake News outlets of ridiculous and fabricated accusations that were slanderous. Basically lies. And if anyone who knows how to fabricate lies...it's Saxi!

Postby mookiemcgee on Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:46 pm

saxitoxin wrote:
In any case, Hunter is being simultaneously prosecuted even as I type this on federal felony gunrunning and tax charges in both California and Delaware.

Sounds like he'd make a great republican presidential candidate.
Brigadier mookiemcgee

Postby saxitoxin on Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:48 pm

Pack Rat wrote:Hunter was not public, until he was used by the GQP HIT SQUADS

He was a public official (a member of the Amtrak Board of Directors), a notable and widely publicized corporate lobbyist, and a globally-renowned artist whose paintings commanded stunning six-figure value amounts. He meets the definition of public figure.

A public figure, according to Gertz v. Robert Welch, is an individual who has assumed roles of especial prominence in the affairs of a society or thrust themselves into the forefront of particular public controversies to influence the resolution of the issues involved. Public figures also include individuals who have achieved pervasive fame or notoriety.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/public_figure

He even acknowledges his public figure status in his lawsuit.
Corporal saxitoxin

Postby Pack Rat on Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:50 pm

mookiemcgee wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:
In any case, Hunter is being simultaneously prosecuted even as I type this on federal felony gunrunning and tax charges in both California and Delaware.

Sounds like he'd make a great republican presidential candidate.

Postby Votanic on Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:00 pm

Presses have been smashed and censorship harshly enforced throughout the ages.

Headless is happy about that, so as long as the propaganda of his own hegemonic faction are still broadcast without opposition.

That is called Fascism, ...Headless is a Fascist.

...and this isn't just happening in some distant elsewhere, people.
Fascist censorship occurs continuously right here in the CC OT Forums.
Lieutenant Votanic

Postby pmac666 on Wed May 01, 2024 12:04 pm

Im still waiting for Kyle Rittenhouse doing the same as some magats have promised me.
Or is this another failed prediction? :shock: :lol:
Major pmac666

Postby saxitoxin on Wed May 01, 2024 12:12 pm

pmac666 wrote:Im still waiting for Kyle Rittenhouse doing the same as some magats have promised me.
Or is this another failed prediction? :shock: :lol:

It's odd how Rats are more familiar with the weird, feverish corners of the internet than mainstream MAGA. Rittenhouse never had a defamation case and, in any case, the statute of limitations is now expired (1-2 years in most states).

I've no doubt you spent hours and hours descending through ninth level comments by anon Twitter users and found someone who said he would sue Snuffleupagus for defamation and win $100 quadrillion and a lifetime supply of Ezel's Famous Chicken, though.
Corporal saxitoxin

Postby pmac666 on Wed May 01, 2024 12:27 pm

Major pmac666

Postby Pack Rat on Wed May 01, 2024 12:48 pm

Fox News, the fair and balanced news agency and mouthpiece of MAGA has canceled their miniseries of a mock trial of Hunter Biden.

Why? They would be facing another major multi-million dollar lawsuit for spreading lies.

https://www.cnn.com/2024/04/30/politics ... index.html

Postby GaryDenton on Wed May 01, 2024 1:21 pm

Seeing our right-wing fascists trying to say it is Left fascism is predictable but still humorous.

Meanwhile, there's no rational case for Trump, but there's a loud contingent on the left that wants to burn it all down. Combine that with low-information ignorant voters and Republicans circling the wagons around their guy, and we have the outlines of a disaster.

Trump has told you what he wants to do, but many people are happy with military deployments in the US, concentration camps, all government employees swearing loyalty to Trump, not the Constitution, and mass revenge lawsuits against everyone Trump hates. These are just the start of the changes the organized fascists want and they have a detailed plan and tens of millions of dollars to implement.

On the media lawsuits, it is about time lies have consequences and the Right is freaking out.

When the activist base of the modern Republican Party is the racist old Christian Southern Democrats and the KKK and John Birchers, we should have seen this coming.

https://www.salon.com/2024/03/01/project-2025-is-more-than-a-playbook-for-trumpism-its-the-christian-nationalist-manifesto/

Calling Project 2025 a Republican Christo-fascist manifesto seems too aggressive for some people. We are conditioned to avoid confronting the religious passions of others, but I spent years in the pews hearing the sermons, the warnings of Christian persecution. I’m not exaggerating. It’s not hyperbole.
{--- <<<< Vote Blue

Republicans are puppy killers.
Corporal 1st Class GaryDenton

Postby saxitoxin on Wed May 01, 2024 2:20 pm

So Rittenhouse himself claimed it and you converted an off-the-cuff statement by an 18 year-old into belief that there was this grand, sweeping plan being concocted at the highest levels? Uhhhh ... okay ...
Corporal saxitoxin

Postby jusplay4fun on Wed May 01, 2024 2:28 pm

GaryDenton wrote:Seeing our right-wing fascists trying to say it is Left fascism is predictable but still humorous.

Meanwhile, there's no rational case for Trump, but there's a loud contingent on the left that wants to burn it all down. Combine that with low-information ignorant voters and Republicans circling the wagons around their guy, and we have the outlines of a disaster.

Trump has told you what he wants to do, but many people are happy with military deployments in the US, concentration camps, all government employees swearing loyalty to Trump, not the Constitution, and mass revenge lawsuits against everyone Trump hates. These are just the start of the changes the organized fascists want and they have a detailed plan and tens of millions of dollars to implement.

On the media lawsuits, it is about time lies have consequences and the Right is freaking out.

When the activist base of the modern Republican Party is the racist old Christian Southern Democrats and the KKK and John Birchers, we should have seen this coming.

https://www.salon.com/2024/03/01/project-2025-is-more-than-a-playbook-for-trumpism-its-the-christian-nationalist-manifesto/

Calling Project 2025 a Republican Christo-fascist manifesto seems too aggressive for some people. We are conditioned to avoid confronting the religious passions of others, but I spent years in the pews hearing the sermons, the warnings of Christian persecution. I’m not exaggerating. It’s not hyperbole.

More crap from the Leftist Liberal GaryD; I am sure his chorus of low mentality (i.e., p-rat and p-mac) will parrot some of these ridiculous comments. And as I predicted, there had to be a FALSE allegation of rascism, OF COURSE; following the liberal playbook. PREDICTaBLe and PUH-thetic.
JP4Fun

Lieutenant jusplay4fun

Postby Pack Rat on Wed May 01, 2024 3:49 pm

jusplay4fun wrote:
GaryDenton wrote:Seeing our right-wing fascists trying to say it is Left fascism is predictable but still humorous.

More crap from the MAGA jusplay4MAGA; I am sure his chorus of low mentality (i.e., ConfederateSS and Votanic) will parrot some of these ridiculous comments. And as I predicted, there had to be a FALSE allegation of rascism, OF COURSE; following the MAGA playbook. PREDICTaBLe and PUH-thetic.

*fixed*

Postby pmac666 on Wed May 01, 2024 3:52 pm

saxitoxin wrote:

So Rittenhouse himself claimed it and you converted an off-the-cuff statement by an 18 year-old into belief that there was this grand, sweeping plan being concocted at the highest levels? Uhhhh ... okay ...

Well, there was alot of talk that he will sue msm into submission.
That it wont happen was clear from the start.
Like a canadian rebellion or any other of your nonsense.
Major pmac666

Postby Dukasaur on Wed May 01, 2024 6:00 pm

jusplay4fun wrote:

More crap from the Leftist Liberal GaryD; I am sure his chorus of low mentality (i.e., p-rat and p-mac) will parrot some of these ridiculous comments. And as I predicted, there had to be a FALSE allegation of rascism, OF COURSE; following the liberal playbook. PREDICTaBLe and PUH-thetic.

Other than gratuitous insults, do you have a point to make?

Do you have a refutation for anything he said?
“‎Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.”
― Voltaire
Sergeant 1st Class Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby saxitoxin on Wed May 01, 2024 8:40 pm

pmac666 wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:

Well, there was alot of talk that he will sue msm into submission.
That it wont happen was clear from the start.
Like a canadian rebellion or any other of your nonsense.

ITT we learn pmac believes saxi is Kyle Rittenhouse
Corporal saxitoxin

Postby saxitoxin on Thu May 02, 2024 12:11 am

Dukasaur wrote:
jusplay4fun wrote:

In 2016 we were told, if Trump is elected, before the end of his term he would start a nuclear war that would lead to human extinction.

What, precisely, is our responsibility to continue to entertain Chicken Little and her acolytes?

Of course, it's Gary's sacred right to light his hair on fire, rip all his clothes off, and go running down the street screaming "TRUMP WILL REQUIRE ALL GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEES SWEAR AN OATH OF LOYALTY TO HIM!!!" But we're under no obligation to do more in response than enjoy a hardy laugh.
Corporal saxitoxin

Postby jusplay4fun on Thu May 02, 2024 1:36 am

Dukasaur wrote:
jusplay4fun wrote:

Do I need to call each of his LIES a LIE point by point? This is merely CRAP by GaryD and there is no need for a point by point refutation of each. Why spend time documenting each individual lie when one post does that in a lucid, succinct, and cogent manner?

Okay, Duk, I will play your game for a few rounds:

First, let's look at GaryD's source.

Salon is an American politically progressive and liberal news and opinion website created in 1995. It publishes articles on U.S. politics, culture, and current events.[3][4][5][6]

Content and coverage
Salon covers a variety of topics, including reviews and articles about books, films, and music;[1] articles about "modern life", including friendships, human sexual behavior, and relationships; and reviews and articles about technology, with a particular focus on the free and open-source software (FOSS) movement.

According to the senior contributing writer for the American Journalism Review, Paul Farhi, Salon offers "provocative (if predictably liberal) political commentary and lots of sex."[7]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salon.com#:~:text=Salon%20is%20an%20American%20politically,%2C%20culture%2C%20and%20current%20events.

Do you accept wikipedia as a reasonably fair source (AND UNLIKE Salon)?

What do I need to refute here? The entire statement is:

1) patently FALSE, and

2) what liberals want to peddle to fire their base. Does GaryD offer evidence for any of this? I do not consider Salon as a reputable source; do you Duk?

Note too that this is the DEMOCRAT party, NOT Republicans, something Liberals NEVER acknowledge, based on what I have read and seen. They may decry racists of the past, BUT never ACKNOWLEDGE that these were predecessors of THEIR party.

To be frank, I am sure that there are a few racists and white supremacists among SOME MAGA supporters. So what? How large is this group? How much influence do they have? Again, liberals and Democrats want to paint ALL Trump supporters with this WIDE brush and do so with evil intent. That does not mean all MAGA is racists; this does not mean Trump is a racist. In fact, Trump received awards from liberal groups before he got into Presidential Politics:

Humanitarian Award by the National Jewish Hospital (1976)[16]
Tree of Life Award by the Jewish National Fund (1983)[17]
Ellis Island Medal of Honor for his work as a successful developer in New York City. (1986)[18]
President's Medal by the Freedom Foundation for his support of youth programs (1995)[19]
Muhammad Ali Entrepreneur Award (2007)[20]
Unicorn Children's Foundation Shining Star Award (2008)[21]
Palm Tree Award by the Palm Beach Police Foundation (2010)[22]
Presidential Hero Award by the Lois Pope LIFE Foundation (2011)[23]
The Algemeiner Liberty Award for contributions to Israel–United States relations (2015)[24]
Marine Corps–Law Enforcement Foundation Commandant's Leadership Award (2015)[25]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_awards_and_honors_received_by_Donald_Trump

and
In a 2004 interview, Trump told CNN's Wolf Blitzer: "In many cases, I probably identify more as Democrat",

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_positions_of_Donald_Trump

I challenge GaryD to PROVE that Trump has any links to KKK or John Birchers; again, this is "red meat" thrown to liberals to fuel the flames the lie that Trump is a racist.

many people are happy with military deployments in the US, concentration camps, all government employees swearing loyalty to Trump, not the Constitution,

Really? Do I even need to refute ANY of this? Again, GaryD offers "proof" from a liberal website? And I need to refute that? PUH-LEEEESE.

Concentration camps? talk about hyperbole, lies, and innuendo. Clearly that is what this statement offers, and NOT one iota of truth. Where is one in the US? Where did Trump do so? And I need to REFUTE that? Okay, I did.

BUT, to be fair, I do see a MODICUM of truth here:
mass revenge lawsuits against everyone Trump hates

I think this use of the courts to fight against those whom Trump hates and/or dislikes has a kernel of truth.

The Project 2025 criticism seems to me (at first glance) is more liberal "red meat" and is not a serious criticism. I think Liberals like GaryD would shudder to think what may happen if Trump wins in 2024, and hence he makes another spurious post on what is REALLY a difference of opinion and a different set of values.
https://www.project2025.org/

BUT the BOTTOM line is that GaryD, in this post, offers mostly lies, innuendo, and obfuscation. Is that enough?
JP4Fun

Lieutenant jusplay4fun

Postby 2dimes on Thu May 02, 2024 8:37 am

P-rat and Gary better watch out. Au jus.slay6gun might grip the glizzy in his stizzy, pop pop pop pop pop.
Corporal 2dimes

Re:

Postby Pack Rat on Thu May 02, 2024 12:13 pm

2dimes wrote:P-rat and Gary better watch out. Au jus.slay6gun might grip the glizzy in his stizzy, pop pop pop pop pop.

Postby 2dimes on Thu May 02, 2024 11:23 pm

Yeah, I laughed. That was one of my mom's favorite shows. Which one of you is Sven and which one is Stimpy.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby Pack Rat on Fri May 03, 2024 10:34 am

We all have a little Ren and Stimpy in us.

What is scary is those who have a lot of Ren in them and they have a cache of semi-automatic weapons and thousands of rounds of ammunition.

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,