Conquer Club

World Cup KO Edition - Survivor Series - *** FULL***

Tournaments Completed in 2021

Moderator: Tournament Directors

World Cup KO Edition - Survivor Series - *** FULL***

Postby Craig25 on Thu Oct 01, 2020 4:03 pm

If you find anywords on this post that are obscured with ** it's because I have turned on my profanity checker on Word. Apologies.

HISTORY:

World Cup, formally FIFA World Cup, in football (soccer), quadrennial tournament that determines the sportā€™s world champion. It is likely the most popular sporting event in the world, drawing billions of television viewers every tournament.

The first competition for the cup was organized in 1930 by the FĆ©dĆ©ration Internationale de Football Association (FIFA) and was won by Uruguay. Held every four years since that time, except during World War II, the competition consists of international sectional tournaments leading to a final elimination event made up of 32 national teams. Unlike Olympic football, World Cup teams are not limited to players of a certain age or amateur status, so the competition serves more nearly as a contest between the worldā€™s best players. Referees are selected from lists that are submitted by all the national associations.

The trophy cup awarded from 1930 to 1970 was the Jules Rimet Trophy, named for the Frenchman who proposed the tournament. This cup was permanently awarded in 1970 to then three-time winner Brazil (1958, 1962, and 1970), and a new trophy called the FIFA World Cup was put up for competition. Many other sports have organized ā€œWorld Cupā€ competitions.

TOURNAMENT RULES:

2 Player Tournament. Premium only.

Each round will consist of 6x2 player games per round.

You choose your home game map (2 games). Your opponent chooses there home game map (2 games). And there will be 2xRandom Map games thrown in.

Settings will be Random each round within the parameters below:

Always Standard
Always Sequential
Esc/Flat Rate
Chained/Adjacent
Always Foggy

You get 3 points for a win.
1 for a draw.
0 for a defeat.

You need to win a minimum of 2 games from 6 or you are eliminated from the tournament. Regardless of how many points you have amassed.

The player with the highest cumulative points will get a bye in the next round. If points are equal it goes to Goal Differnce (Each game victory is a Goal For - GF. Each defeat is a Goal Against -GA). If still level it goes to total points scored in current Round, then Goal Difference in Current Round and finally the Time the games finish if still drawn. To be clear, this is by time the games finish. So it's in your interest to play as quickly as possible.

The number of Automatic Byes per round are dictated by the number of players remaining.

0-50 = 1
50-100 = 2
100-150 = 3

If an odd number of players are left after that then the next highest scoring player will also get a bye. AKA the 'Odd Man Bye'.

NOTE:

THE 12 HOUR RULE WILL APPLY. IF YOU JOIN THE GAME 2ND AND HAVE FIRST TURN THEN YOU MUST WAIT FOR 12 HOURS BEFORE TAKING YOUR SHOT SO THAT THE PLAYER GOING 2ND CAN SEE THE BOARD. YOU CAN ONLY TAKE YOUR TURN IN THE 1ST 12 HOURS IF THE OTHER PLAYER ADVISES HE HAS SAW THE BOARD IN THE GAME CHAT.

IF YOU TAKE YOUR TURN IN THE FIRST 12 HOURS WITHOUT THIS HAPPENING AND THE OTHER PLAYER COMPLAINS TO ME THEN YOU AUTOMATICALLY LOSE THAT GAME, GIVING YOUR OPPONENT A MAJOR ADVANTAGE.

TO BE CLEAR, JOINING THE GAME 2ND MEANS ACCPETING THE INVITATION AFTER THE FIRST PLAYER HAS ALREADY ACCEPTED. I WOULD SUGGEST PLAYERS JOINING THE GAME AFTER THE FIRST PLAYER HAS ALREADY ACCEPTED THE INVITATION SHOULD TAKE A SNAP SHOT BEFORE WAITING THE 12 HOURS.

FINALS:

Play will continue until 32 players remain, just like in the World Cup.. Then it is the Last 32, Last 16, Quarter Finals, Semi-Finals and Final. Points amassed at this point are almost discarded. They are only used for draw purposes.

If we move from 32 players to 31,30, 29, 28(Unlikely) then the highest scoring player will get a bye like in previous rounds.

If these games end up 3-3 then it goes to extra time (2 games on Random Map), and if it's still a draw, penalties. 1 game on Random Map.

Note: Extra Time and penalties will be played concurently. The Penalties result only being used if Extra Time is drawn.

show

show

show

show

show

show

show

show

show

show

show

show

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

QUARTER-FINALS COMPLETE / SEMI-FINALS:

The Quarters did'nt disappoint. Total drama!

Here are the highlights:

- Wow, 24th Seeds Triple 6's Iceland fall at the hands of the dark horses from Northern Ireland under SonOfAbs. It was close, but the 4-2 win was enough to see the 43rd Seeds through!

- Close Match Up between Big Jumbo's ROI and Eritrea and Enormastitz. It was 12th v 16th Seed and it did'nt disappoint. Eritrea JUST managed to edge it with a 4-2 win to put Enorma in the SEMI's. Unlucky Big Jumbo!

- HorseAttacks gets 2-0 startey for B00060 breaking Fog Rules in 2 games. B00060 goes apoplectic. Every excuse was made under the Sun!: "I posted my moves, I was playing on my phone, I have too many games, I never report people who break the rules, the dog ate my howework, wahh, waahhh, wahhhh". All to no avail.....He cried like a baby...........He couldn't accept that he had to play by the Rules and accept the 2 lost games. I mean, who can blame him, I already have 84/85 Players playing by the rules, I think he thought I was being too optimistic asking for him also to play by the Rules. Anyway, needless to say, B00060 has been PUMPED out of every future Tournament I hold, including this one obviously. HorseAttacks 18th Seed Switzerland went on to take a 4-0 lead with 2 to play. Starting 2-0 up this was a Gimme in the Quarters!

- the 10th Seeds Netherlands under Tin Trumpet are showboating. They are 4-1 up against 21st Seeds Italy & MEP. With only 1 game left in the Match Up, it's not enough for a comeback. WE PROGRESS TO THE SEMI's!

THE SEMI's:

Don't do a B00060 and break the FOG RULES at this stage! (-:

Semi 1:

Netherlands, Stadia: Conquer Rome, Seed: 10, Player: Tin Trumpet

V

Eritrea, Stadia: Das Schloss, Seed: 16, Player: Enormastitz

Semi 2:

Switzerland, Stadia: Benelux, Player: HorseAttacks, Seed: 18

V

Northern Ireland, Stadia: Peloponnessian War, Player: sonofabs, Seed: 43

ODDS:

We have a clear favourite to lift the first ever CCF World CUP!

Fav1: Tin Trumpet - 5/4 (Netherlands)
Fav 2: Horse Attacks - 2/1 (Switzerland)
Jnt 3rd Fav's: SonOfAbs & Enormastitz - 7/2 (NI & Eritrea)

Good Luck Guys, REMEMBER THE FOG RULE!!!!!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CCFA WORLD CUP FINAL:

From 84 Entrants we are down to just 2.............................................................

In 2 SPECTACULAR Semi-Finals, here is what happened:

- Northern Ireland are the 1st team to reach the World Cup Final. Unexpectedly, the Republic of Ireland also celebrate the HISTORIC 4-2 Victory over HorseAttacks Switzerland. With Brexit and Boris Johnson in power Eire are hopeful of a United Ireland before the Final Kicks Off so that they can also play in the final! Commiserations to HorseAttacks, he amassed a HUGE 18 Points, but fell 1 Round short. UNLUCKY!

- Wow, just Wow. An absolute nightmare for Enormastitz's Eritrea. In a display of TOTAL RISK Tin Trumpet's Netherlands PUMPS Eritrea 6-0. If this wasn't bad enough, 'The Trumpet' is Enorma's Brother in Law. Imagine your whole family knowing that your Brother in Law is a better Risk player than you and pumped you 6-0 in the World Cup Final just to prove it?????? DEVASTATING!

So............................THE FINAL PREVIEW:

Netherlands, Stadia: Conquer Rome, Player: Tin Trumpet, Seeded: 10th, 25 Points

V

Northern Ireland, Stadia: Peloponnessian War, Player: sonofabs, Seeded: 43rd, 24 Points

This will be the 1st time they have faced wach other in this World Cup. Points amassed are almost identical so next to nothing to split them. 10th Seed v 43rd is a decent advantage though. However, they have played each other a TOTAL of 3 times in 2 Player games, and SonOfAbs won 2!

ODDS:

Netherlands / Tin Trumpet - 5/6

Northern Ireland / Son Of Abs - EVS

Okay Guys, REMEMBER THE FOG RULE!

Games will be set up roughly 12 hours from the time of this mail.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WORLD CUP WINNER:

From 84 entrants, we have ONLY 1 remaining standing.

But firstly, unluckly to our losing finalist. SonOfAbs and Northern Ireland played 16 Rounds of World Cup Risk to finish 2nd! He started this tournament ranked 1849 and 43rd Seed, by the end of it he was Ranked 2327. Recognition of his amazing play!

In the Final, 1 Team dominated play and in a display of TOTAL RISK, it was the DUTCH dream team under Tin Trumpet that progressed to GLORY, winning the 1st ever CCFA World Cup. Congratulations.

Well done to our winner:

TIN TRUMPET

Lets have a look at how he achieved this amazing feat:

From start to finish it took him 60 Games, He WON 43 of them! an immense record in 2 Player Risk!

- Round 1: Tin Trumpet's Netherlands 'A' Team look very strong. They win 4-2 versus a decent Spain 'A' Team managed by Kevi. Both through to Rd2.

- Round 2: 15th Seed, Loose Canon Lost the Odd Man Bye due to FoBoss's desertion. He walked straight into a nightmare draw V 10th Seed Tin Trumpet. Their Risk brilliance cancelled each other out, It ended 3-3.

- Round 3: He moved into 2nd gear in this Round. A 5-1 destruction of RickMorales's Brazil 5-1 to send them back to Rio to face the music. Already Brazilian newspapers are saying it's the worst ever Brazilian squad to play in the World Cup. Newpaper Reports suggest RickMorales is for the chop.

- Round 4: Netherlands looking good for the Cup. Tin Trumpet's 'A' Team win a close match v MarkTheMenace's Sweden 'B' Team, 4-2. The Dutch up to 10 points. The Sweeds on 4!

- Round 5: Netherlands 'A' Team under Tin Trumpet take the lead in the World Cup with a 4-2 win over ToonArmie09's France 'C' Team. With the Dutch having a HIGHER ranking by 1284 Points, Both managers come out of this one happy.

- Round 6: He LED the Tournament by this point so got a BYE into the knock out Rounds.

- Last 32: 10th Seeds the Netherlands 'A' team under Tin Trumpet keep their cool and make the Last 16 with no requirement for Extra Time or the dreaded penalties. 17th Seed Dragon Dor and the French 'A' Team were the recipients of a 4-2 defeated. Unlucky Dragon!!!

- Last 16: Netherlands 'A' Team 4 v 2 Australia. An amazing performance by the 38th Seeded Ozzies under Elswick but it's Tin Trumpets 10th Seeds that march on intop the Qurter Finals!

- Quarter Finals: the 10th Seeds Netherlands under Tin Trumpet are showboating. They are 4-1 up against 21st Seeds Italy & MEP. With only 1 game left in the Match Up, it's not enough for a comeback. WE PROGRESS TO THE SEMI's!

- Semi-Finals: Wow, just Wow. An absolute nightmare for Enormastitz's Eritrea. In a display of TOTAL RISK Tin Trumpet's Netherlands PUMPS Eritrea 6-0. If this wasn't bad enough, 'The Trumpet' is Enorma's Brother in Law. Imagine your whole family knowing that your Brother in Law is a better Risk player than you and pumped you 6-0 in the World Cup Final just to prove it?????? DEVASTATING!

- Final: In the Final, 1 Team dominated play and in a display of TOTAL RISK, it was the DUTCH dream team under Tin Trumpet that progressed to GLORY, winning the 1st ever CCFA World Cup. Congratulations.

Well done again TT.

That was an amazing Tournament Guys, 84 of the best Risk Players on the planet and we all got blown away by the Trumpet!

Watch out for more tournaments at some point in the future!

E-mail addresses are visible as I am sure some of you guys will want to pass on your congratulations to Rin Trumpet.

Tourey Mods are also on the mail to arrange your medal Trumpet.
Last edited by Craig25 on Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:20 am, edited 58 times in total.
Colonel Craig25

Re: World Cup KO Edition - Survivor Series

Postby Scarlet Lady on Fri Oct 02, 2020 4:02 am

In please for Engl**nd

Map: British Isles
Captain Scarlet Lady

Postby Craig25 on Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:10 am

Before I forget, I'm in.

Scotland aka The Blue Brazil

Stalingrad
Colonel Craig25

Postby ntman on Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:14 pm

in please...

Caracau (only as it was in a James Bond film and sounds idyllic)

Pelop (Map)
Corporal 1st Class ntman

Postby DavidCrome on Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:56 pm

Hi can I be Gibraltar the underdogs and home match Peloponnesian war.
Lieutenant DavidCrome

Postby actorday on Sun Oct 04, 2020 5:46 pm

in plz Canada or Wales Woodboro
Lieutenant actorday

Postby DrJusticles on Tue Oct 06, 2020 2:51 am

In please. Argentina. Home map could be Fractured china
Corporal DrJusticles

Postby igotaished on Tue Oct 06, 2020 2:53 pm

In pls. Israel. Map tribal Florida.

Igo
Sergeant 1st Class igotaished

Postby weaselshane on Thu Oct 08, 2020 7:13 am

Oman please:

Home Map: North America
Captain weaselshane

Postby LayWon on Thu Oct 08, 2020 5:54 pm

in...greece or whoever

Europe 1914
Last edited by LayWon on Sun Oct 11, 2020 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cadet LayWon

Postby Craig25 on Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:59 am

Quality, The Blue Brazil just pumped your team on pens the other night. Gave me a 2 day hang over!

igotaished wrote:In pls. Israel. Map tribal Florida.

Igo
Colonel Craig25

Postby beano66 on Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:33 am

in please
Sergeant beano66

Postby beano66 on Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:41 am

in please republic of Ireland home map spanish armada
Sergeant beano66

Postby Toonarmy09 on Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:45 am

In please - France - Allez Les Bleus (That's Howay the lads)
Map age of realms 2 - Magic
Last edited by Toonarmy09 on Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Corporal Toonarmy09

Postby Kevi on Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:46 am

in please - stalingrad

england. spain or anywhere
Last edited by Kevi on Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Captain Kevi

Postby Lord Arioch on Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:47 am

In plz
Sweden
Home map: Baltic Crusades

hope i got that right otherwise holler .... beer is flowing here so sorry if i joined in the wrong way :)
Sergeant 1st Class Lord Arioch

Postby furbiz on Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:02 am

In please. USA Baltic Crusades
Major furbiz

Postby ccateacher on Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:07 am

in for me
Sergeant ccateacher

Postby Shoe555 on Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:11 am

In please.

Germany

Home map: Tribal/ Israel
Major Shoe555

Postby jseal on Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:13 am

in for UK or US! my maps: stalingrad and iwo Jima
Major jseal

Postby GloriousL on Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:13 am

In please.
Representing Sweden
Map: New World
Click image to enlarge.
Major GloriousL

Postby shoop76 on Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:31 am

Netherlands
Treasures of Galapagos
Major shoop76
Tournament Commissioner
Tournament Commissioner

Postby CaronylKluster on Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:10 am

Cape Verde

HOME MAP - Stalingrad
Colonel CaronylKluster

Location: SITTERS - The_Samurai, jdmcinty, swimmerdude99, arama86n, 4 U 2 NV

Postby murphy16 on Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:16 am

England on AoR3
Sergeant 1st Class murphy16

Postby jseal on Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:20 am

ok - I will take england and my home map is Iwo!
Major jseal

Next

Return to Completed 2021